Rose Garden Pool 2018 Swim Team
Daily Practice begins: June 11 @ 11AM
Monday – Friday
8 & Under: 11:00 am – 11:45 am
9 & Up: 11:00 am – 12 noon
Cost: $50/per swimmer
Dear Parents and Swim Team Member:
Welcome to the 2018 Swim Team season at Rose Garden Pool! As always, we’ve planned a fun season with competitive swim meets and an end of season party including award ceremony. Best of all, if your child actively participates, they will become a better and stronger swimmer.
There are a few very important details you need to consider before signing up for swim team. Although it is fun, commitment from the swimmer and their parents is necessary!
FOR THE SWIMMER:
- Your swimmer must be able to swim at least one length of the pool, UNASSISTED.
- Swimmers must be at least 6 years of age to participate and no older than 18 years of age.
- Daily practices are recommended. The more you practice, the faster you will swim, and the better swimmer you will be. Practices will consist of stroke work (all strokes), laps, dive-ins, and some days, fun games.
- Swim meets require the swimmer/or parents signing up at least two days before any scheduled meet. (The exceptions are the Relays and the Championships. These meets require that you sign up at least 10 days prior to the meet.) The meet sign up book is located at the front guard desk every day. If your child is signed up and then unable to attend the meet, you must call the pool at 724.941.9944 and inform one of the coaches ASAP.
2018 SUMMER LEAGUE SWIM MEET SCHEDULE:
Tuesday 6/26: Invitational Away @ Bower Hill
Thursday, 6/28: Odd-Age Invitational Away @ Elmhurst
Thursday, 7/5: Relays Away @ Woodland Hills
Tuesday, 7/10: Home vs. Bower Hill
Thursday, 7/12: Away @ Hunting Ridge
Tuesday, 7/17: Home vs. Elmhurst
Thursday, 7/19: Away @ Woodland Hills
Tuesday, 7/24: Home 10 & Under Invitational
Thursday, 7/26: Away @ Hunting Ridge Championships
The South Hills Swim League Championship Meet is by invitation only. The fastest swimmers during the swim season will be invited to compete. It is an honor to be asked, but all swim team members are invited to attend and cheer our team on!
It is important to attend meets that are held at other swim clubs. It is always a good experience to try out other pools. Directions will be available at the front desk and all locations are in the South Hills area and easy to find.
FOR THE PARENTS:
The swim team at Rose Garden is managed by volunteer parents and dedicated coaches. We have many committed parents who keep the swim team functioning, but it is unfair for a few to do all the work. In order for your child to be on the swim team, we are asking parents to take a turn or two helping at a variety of duties at a home meet and an away meet. There is training for all the parent positions. Parent volunteer sign-up and list of duties needed for every meet can be found in the meet sign up book.
Rose Garden Swim Team is a TEAM and it needs all its swimmers and parents to actively participate. Get involved and show your support of our swimmers and our pool.
Have Rose Garden Pool Swim Team Questions?
Contact Rose Garden Pool Manager Donna Moshier at email@example.com or call 724-942-2570
Bower Hill Swim Club, Elmhurst Swim Club, Hunting Ridge Swim Club, Woodland Hills Swim Club
Bower Hill Swim Club (412-276-3131)
1. Take Rt. 19 north to the Upper St. Clair exit and make a right at the exit. Stop at the end of the exit ramp and make right.
2. Follow this road to the second traffic light. At light, make right onto McMillan Rd.
3. Follow McMillan Road through stop signs to the traffic light. At light, continue straight onto Painter’s Run Road.
4. Follow Painters Run Road to the end (T-intersection). At light, make a right turn onto Bower Hill Road.
5. Go through two traffic lights. Bower Hill Swim Club is approximately 3/10 of a mile past the second light on the left side of the road.
Elmhurst Pool Swim Club (724-222-9974)
1. Take Rt. 19 S towards Washington, PA.
2. Pass under 1-70 and through the stoplight. Go to the top of the hill and make a left onto North Avenue. (Between Gas Stations)
3. Go one block on North Ave. Make a left onto Wilmont. Go to second stop and cross over Beau Street directly into the Elmhurst Pool parking lot.
Hunting Ridge Swim Club (412-257-0912)
1. Take Rt. 19 N to Boyce Road. Make left onto Boyce Road. Continue up a graded hill and down graded hill until you cross a set of railroad tracks. Continue following Boyce Road halfway up the next hill.
2. Make a left onto Meetinghouse Road. (This road is immediately after a 7-11 and KinderCare on the left side of the road.)
3. Make a left into the Hunting Ridge housing complex. Pool is visible on your left.
Woodland Hills Swim Club (724-942-9993)
1. Take Rt. 19 north to Boyce Road.
2. At light, make left onto Boyce Road.
3. Stay on Boyce until you come to Bigham Road. Make left onto Bigham. (The road next to Friendship Village).
4. Woodland Hills is located at the top of the hill on the left.